RVing is the best way to explore new places, enjoy a weekend recharge in the wilderness, or even push to live off of the grid. All of the benefits do come with some drawbacks when looking to live the best RV life possible. Fortunately, there are products out there that can offset some of these drawbacks so that you can enjoy your travels carefree. Here are five of the best buys we've found to amplify our RV lifestyle!
- A Good Quality Generator: A generator is an essential piece of equipment for any RV owner. It will provide you with the power you need to run your appliances and keep your lights on, even when you're not hooked up to shore power. Look for a generator that is quiet, fuel-efficient, and easy to use. We recommend: Honda Ultra-Quiet 2200i
- A Portable Water Filter: When you're travelling in areas that may be desolate, you may run the risk of having access to clean drinkable water. We strongly recommend that you some portable water filters and have in-line RV filtration to ensure that you're never caught off guard without clean water access.We recommend: Camco TastePURE Inline RV Filter and Water Filter Straws
- A Quality Mattress: One of the largest drawbacks you'll find with living the RV life is getting a good night's sleep. Most RVs are sold with flimsy, thin mattresses that simply don't do the trick. Spending extra for a good quality mattress will ensure that you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day.We recommend: Silk & Snow Canadian RV Mattress
- A Multi-Purpose Tool: While you should consider packing one in most situations, a quality multi-purpose tool is a game changer for RV trips. I would suggest buying multiple for different situations; a bulkier one with more functionality to stow in your RV, and a smaller one with basic tools to pocket when you're out and about. In our experience, Leatherman has the best line of products out there with tools for every situation you could encounter. We recommend: Leatherman Charge Plus TTi Titanium Multitool
- A Quality Leveling Block: A solid leveling block is a must-have to keep your RV stable and secure. Parking on uneven surfaces can be both dangerous and damaging to appliances and other electronics. Look for leveling blocks that are strong, easy to use, and fit the size of your RV. We recommend: Camco 44510 Heavy Duty Leveling Blocks
Owning an RV is a fun way to explore the world and make memories. It's important to have the right gear on hand to make your travels as smooth as possible. We hope this list gives you a solid foundation to build from. And if you haven't checked it out yet, we have compiled an amazing list of RV tips, tricks and hacks that will add to your experiences.
While we love online shopping as much as anybody else, we do hope you'll consider shopping at a local RV dealer when searching to accessorise. If you're planning on financing a trailer, some RV loan providers even allow you to roll accessories into the loan.